JTMC Project Methodology
Building a website, upgrading existing software or implementing a new application our project methodology can be tailored to fit any project. There are 6 core phases to our methodology, each phase achieves specific goals within the overall project methodology.
Phase 1 – Getting to know our customer
- Planning conference calls or onsite meetings to discuss the customer business needs is a great way for getting to know our customer, include budget discussion, contracts and policies and document scope of work
Phase 2 – Research & Discovery (business assessment)
- We start by getting to know your overall business
- Aside from determining the requirements for the project, we seek out any important software process issues that you don’t have but may need for your business or areas for process improvement that you can implement at a later date
Phase 3 – Solution Design
- Web design we will go through a series of design phases to create a unique eye-catching design for your business customers
- Software designs are reviewed with our customers and signed off before proceeding with the development
- Phase 4 – Development – (solution build Phase)
- Once the design is approved, we will start the build. This is the phase where the website and/or application itself is actually created. The best part; your project never leaves our office until it is ready
Phase 5 – Test/Certification of solution (Unit/User Testing)
- We test your web site or application for accessibility, usability, and compatibility. The customer validates and performs operations on the solutions, training is provided on how to use the solution
Phase 6 – Deploy and Support –
- Depending on the project and the customer needs, customer support will be included in the signed project scope agreement. Some projects may consist of transitioning the customer from a pre-production environment
Phase 6 – Post Deployment
At this stage, we give the client instructions on how the site should be used, including the packaging of source files and any necessary training material. We are always available for future maintenance and we are truly committed to ongoing support. In the case that the client requires site maintenance, we establish maintenance charges with the website/application owner.
Hand Off To Client
- Before handing off the website or application officially to the client, we make sure that all contractual obligations have been met and that our client is fully satisfied with the end product just as stated in the project scope. We will only close the project if both our client and JTMC are content with the outcome. We then provide all documentation and source files.
Provide the Website/application Documentation
- Things like a soft copy of the site map or details of the framework and design document for the website/application will be turned over in case they need to work with another developer, make major changes on their website, or just explore the site as he or she sees fit
Project Close, Final Documentation
- Finally, the client can now sign off for services. The client will receive our contact information in case we need to be reached for support, and the project will be officially closed. Even after closure, we will check in with our clients every so often, to ensure that everything is working accordingly without hitches